Re: FYI, kernel firmware non-freeness discussions

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 10:29:54AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Then they've always happened in the wrong place. Let's learn from
> previous mistakes rather than continue perpetuating them?

That's one interpretation.  Another is that, since the functions of d-legal
really do require interpreting the DFSG, it's the description of the list
that's inaccurate, not practice.  After all, most of the DFSG is describing
what we require to be *legally* allowed to do, even using the word "license".

The discussions happen here, everyone knows they happen here (if this is
thanks to the "cabals on -legal" idiocy, then at least something useful has
come out of it), and they're a core dependency of the primary function of
the list.

(That said, I don't really care if they're on -project--as far as I'm
concerned, they're on-topic to both lists.)

--
Glenn Maynard