Re: Is libreludedb DFSG compliant?

Scripsit Mickael Profeta <mike@alezan.org>

> If you link LibPreludeDB against other code all of which is itself
> licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2
> dated June 1991 ("GPL v2") or compatible, then you may use LibpreludeDB
> under the terms of the GPL v2,as appearing in the file COPYING.  If the
> file COPYING is missing, you can obtain a copy of the GPL v2 from the
> Free Software Foundation Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
> 02110-1301, USA.

I worries me that one has to do linking in order to get the freedoms
we need. I'm not sure that such a requirement should be considered free.

Why on earth do they not just license it as GPL straight away? That
would not prevent them from offering other license terms in addition
for a fee (or without one) as they see fit.

--
Henning Makholm                   "The great secret, known to internists and
                         learned early in marriage by internists' wives, but