Re: Licenses for DebConf6

Scripsit Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

>> There's no actual requirement for debate there either, the people
>> who want to license their paper in non-DFSG-free way can happily
>> leave the last word to the DFSG advocates because they don't have to
>> debate to get their way;

>         Only if they want their papers in a collection which is
>  actually part of Debian, they do too.

Will the Debconf proceedings be part of Debian? If so, I think,
irrespective of licencing issues, that that will be a waste of mirror
space (and Packages.gz bandwidth).

That, for the record, goes for all packages that just provide
user-level content, where the data are not behind-the-scenes
requirements for making actual software run correctly. Just put
the stuff on a bloody website!

--
Henning Makholm                         "Al lykken er i ét ord: Overvægtig!"