Re: migration of wiki material: suggested licence and legal issues

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005, MJ Ray wrote:
> > I don't care enough about a wiki.debian.org which seems to consist
> > of only "Immutable" pages and tells me I'm not allowed to edit a new
> > page.
> All of the pages I've seen recently are fully mutable; assuming you're
> a valid user. [...]

I don't know what a "valid user" is for wiki.d.o and I didn't find
that requirement in the HelpOnEditing or error messages.

> > Suggesting that an answer is wrong or should be ignored because the
> > poster hasn't decided to help yet is rather odd: the question was
> > unsolicited too.
>
> A solution that no one wants to implement is useless...  especially

Agreed. You seem to ignore "yet" in my above paragraph. Your
point here is not in conflict with mine.

> when it's one that requires blocking all other work on a project while
> a single person (or small group of people) climb mount impossible. [...]

If relicensing is "mount impossible" then I don't see the
value in bulk-migrating material, because it will need removal
at some point in the future. It looks like effort now just to
defer some bugfixing. Is there a firm plan to remove it ever,
or is the suggestion mainly a device to marginalise concerns
of Francesco Poli and others?

--
MJR/slef