Re: migration of wiki material: suggested licence and legal issues

Lewis Jardine <debian@catbox.co.uk> wrote:
> Does not 'equivalent' refer to the equivalency of access permissions,
> rather than access methods? [...]

FSF might disagree with that:

  The GPL says you must offer access to copy the source code
  "from the same place"; that is, next to the binaries.
  -- http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites

However, FSF are probably not the licensor in this case.

> [...] I believe sourceforge might be analogous: many
> GPL projects are offered as object code over HTTP, but as source code
> over CVS. [...]

Sourceforge's CVS is web-accessible, last I checked.

--
MJR/slef