Re: migration of wiki material: suggested licence and legal issues

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> We're in the process of migrating the wiki content now. How long to
> you expect it will take you to identify all of the copyright holders
> for each of the couple thousand pages in the wiki and process the
> messages from the copyright holders? [Have you even started?]

Obviously, it will take an infinite length of time, because no-one
has asked Francesco Poli to do that work. Also, I wouldn't blame
anyone not taking up the work if they don't like pseudo-wikis like
mediawiki with its non-wiki syntax and complicated interface.

Is this debian-legal or debian-grandstanding? :-/

Less than a thousand pages have no obvious identifiable copyright
holders so it looks possible to automate the relicensing process a
bit. Would it be as easy to do if content is migrated for now?

--
MJR/slef