Re: mass bug filing for unmet dependencies (Was: firmware status for eagle-usb-*)

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:38:03AM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> While I'm ranting on definitions, I wish others (Glenn) would stop
> using "EPROM" when they mean something else.  Few, if any, consumer
> electronics, and probably no motherboards, use an EPROM to hold
> program or firmware data.  Google can explain the difference between
> PROM, EPROM, EEPROM and flash memory.

Changing terminology halfway through a discussion isn't going to reduce
confusion any more than that "KiB" braindamage.  I'm using it to refer to
a class of cases; a device with a black-boxed hard drive to store its
stuff would be in the same category.

--
Glenn Maynard