Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 08:51 -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> Your position on what's modifiable, and what's a preferred form of
> modification, is so far from the baselines of the project, or indeed
> the world, that you can only be characterized as extremist.  In accord
> with your professed beliefs, please refrain from advocating such
> beliefs until such time as anybody actually combines two works under
> patch clauses and packages the result for Debian.

The DFSG never use the word modifiable or the phrase "preferred form of
modification". I'm not aware of any discussion that's taken place that
would allow you to form a conclusion as to what sort of source the
project requires[1].

In summary: choke on my fuck.

[1] The closest is that there seems to be a loose consensus that in some
cases the existence of more easily modifiable code makes a less
modifiable version of the same code non-free - so in cases where
firmware was written in something other than hex, the hex version is
non-free. On the other hand, it is an interesting question - I'll bring
it up at the weekend

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org