Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> The proportion of the population of debian-legal who believe that the
> patch clause exemption in DFSG 4 is a grave mistake or that the GPL is
> only free because of DFSG 10 seems greater than in the developer
> population at large. That seems like a reasonable approximation of
> "extreme".

And I suspect the population of lisp maintainers who believe that the
feature macros are a grave mistake or that the path-name standards are
only still there because X3J13 insisted is greater than in the
developer population at large.  That's because experts tend to have
detailed opinions about their field of expertise.