Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Josh Triplett <josh.trip@verizon.net>:

> Do you see anything in the QPL that says the original developer can only
> request your changes once?  They can ask twelve times a day if they
> want, and you have to comply; there is nothing in the license that says
> otherwise.  For that matter, do you see anything in the QPL that says
> the original developer has to compensate you for the costs of providing
> your changes (bandwidth charges for network distribution, or media costs
> for physical distribution)?
>
> - Josh Triplett
>
> [Do you want both of your email addresses CCed on these mails?]

I recommend CCing both of them twelve times a day for good measure.
That should get him into a good mood where he will be willing to
listen to finely honed legal arguments like the above!

I think contracts often don't specify things like how rapidly a letter
must be answered, etc, so people apply established standards and
common sense. I don't know what the standard would be in this case,
but maybe 28 days would be an appropriate time for responding to a
request for changes, and common sense says you can ignore further
requests while dealing with the first request, so maybe you would have
to send your changes every 28 days. Still, if you're a Chinese
Dissident stranded on a Desert Island that could be quite a burden ...