Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Sven Luther wrote:

>>>Well, simply configuring your SVN/CVS/ARCH/Whatever archive to spam upstream
>>>with every change done should resolve all the issue. Or maybe giving him
>>>consultation access would be enough.
>>
>>Spamming upstream is not enough.  You have to provide one on request,
>>even if you just sent one.  Additionally, now you're suggesting doing
>>away with the ability to make private modifications.
>
> Bullshit, you have provided it before it was asked, so where is the problem ?

Do you see anything in the QPL that says the original developer can only
request your changes once?  They can ask twelve times a day if they
want, and you have to comply; there is nothing in the license that says
otherwise.  For that matter, do you see anything in the QPL that says
the original developer has to compensate you for the costs of providing
your changes (bandwidth charges for network distribution, or media costs
for physical distribution)?

- Josh Triplett

[Do you want both of your email addresses CCed on these mails?]