Re: DFSG#10 [was: Re: Draft Debian-legal summary of the LGPL]

On May 25, 2004, at 01:28, Branden Robinson wrote:

IMO, "Mexicans can't distribute this software" isn't free, even if its
part of the GPL.

Let's not get carried away.

Well, looks like you've failed your humor check today...

Let's just say I meant Mexicans as in "people residing in Mexico" as opposed to "people who's fore-fathers and -mothers moved to Mexico in pre-history"

Yes, if applied by the copyright holder, it would fail the DFSG either
way, but I find it a little distasteful to imply that the GNU GPL was
intended to promote nationalist prejudice.

Never said it was, and, AFAIK, the FSF has never invoked that clause.