Re: DFSG#10 [was: Re: Draft Debian-legal summary of the LGPL]

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 10:55:47PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> "if the GPL is not-quite-free, but it's considered free anyway only
> because it's grandfathered by DFSG#10, why cannot the
> <put_your_favourite_non-free_license_here> be grandfathered as well?"

Except, it is free.

People have been "not comfortable" with it for ages.  Most of that
discomfort has had to do with how difficult it is to turn GPLed software
into non-free software.

I think we can live while people spout such rhetoric.

--
Raul