Re: Debian and copyrights

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:58:49PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that you can give the copyright to just
> about anyone, and Dhingis Kahn (The mogolian leader, don't know how he
> is spelled in English). And if you really want to prevent any licence
> change, then just assign it so someone that is no longer alife (this way
> you can state your world view, if you choose Ghandi, Marx, Charlemagne,
> Einstein, Neumann or others). They surely won't change your licence...
> (well, one would have to check for possible Heirs)

By doing this, you could easily make the day of some bored lawyer
that stumbled upon this.  Taking ownership of this is as simple
as finding a jurisdiction that will claim ownership of someone's
estate (potentially waiting long enough that heirs don't claim it),
and offering them enough money to sell it to you, but not enough
money to get the press interested.

dave...