Re: Jabber Yahoo transport license

Scripsit "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>

> The most of the source fiels are licensed under the GPL.  However two of
> them (md5.c and md5.h) appear to be licensed under some custom license:
>   Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
>   including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
>   freely, subject to the following restrictions:

>   1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
>      claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
>      in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
>      appreciated but is not required.
>   2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
>      misrepresented as being the original software.
>   3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

This is a DSFG-free, GPL-compatible, vaguely BSD-like license. No
problem there.

... until and unless we learn that the author applies the obnoxious UW
interpretation of "alter it and redistribute it". Our default
interpretation is that this does give permission to distribute changed
versions. (Or does anyone want to object that REdistribute only makes
sense speaking of the original version?)

--
Henning Makholm         "Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit."