Re: Debian and copyrights

On Thursday, Jul 3, 2003, at 12:58 US/Eastern, Joachim Breitner wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that you can give the copyright to just
about anyone, and Dhingis Kahn (The mogolian leader, don't know how he
is spelled in English).

Ganges Kahn, I believe. Don't have Google in front of me to check.

 And if you really want to prevent any licence
change, then just assign it so someone that is no longer alife

I think a court would be more likely to order you to get psychological care than to enforce such as copyright assignment.... More likely, who ever was arguing for the assignment would get their case thrown out and possibly fined for it being frivelous(sp?)

I don't think you can assign copyright --- or much anything --- to someone who no longer exists!

And what if you assign copyright to your cat?

Maybe they'll find you in contempt for trying that argument. Or just give you some Happy Pills.