Re: Starting to talk

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 04:25, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Stephen Ryan <taketwoaspirin@deepthought.dartmouth.edu> writes:
>
> > No, you're not the only one with that impression.  Personally, I'm ready
> > to killfille ....@gnu.org as a bunch of trolls.  The only reason I
> > haven't is that I think there are some people worth listening to who are
> > part of gnu, but you'd never know it from listening to this bunch.
>
> Please don't.  Heck, I'm still thomas@gnu.org.
>
> RMS does not speak for GNU developers in general; he has conducted no
> poll about these issues among GNU developers and has no ability to
> speak for them.

My apologies; I'm well aware of both your contributions and your stance
on the subject -- it's just that you haven't been using that address to
post to this list.  I haven't actually implemented any such block,
because it's easier and safer for me to just delete posts from known
trolls than it would be to engage in a fingers-in-the-ears exercise for
a whole domain (say, in case you did post from that address).  I am
*hugely* disappointed by the current state of affairs, though, because I
learned to value freedom from RMS' writings, and now I find that he only
cares about freedom for "technical behavior", and all other aspects of
the system can take care of themselves.
--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian Linux 3.0
Technology Coordinator