Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 03:47 US/Eastern, Andreas Barth wrote:

I can't understand why, if (and only if) you interpret this delivery
as "binary" and also deliver the free source code on a free medium, so
that everyone can create their own DRM medias as they like.

At least for the GPL, I don't think thats allowed.

That delivering only on such a medium is not ok according to GPL, is
obvious. It's also obvious that such a medium is not nice.

GPL 6 doesn't say that you may place restrictions on some copies, as long as your provide an unrestricted copy as well. Instead it says you may place no restrictions. I don't think you can enforce DRM on GPL software.