Re: A possible GFDL compromise

* Anthony DeRobertis (asd@suespammers.org) [030915 17:35]:
> On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 03:47 US/Eastern, Andreas Barth wrote:

> >That delivering only on such a medium is not ok according to GPL, is
> >obvious. It's also obvious that such a medium is not nice.

> GPL 6 doesn't say that you may place restrictions on some copies, as
> long as your provide an unrestricted copy as well. Instead it says you
> may place no restrictions.

GPL speaks of legal restrictions. I'm not speaking of legal
restrictions, but of putting software on a medium with inherent
technical restrictions, and also publishing the source code without
any technical restriction.

> I don't think you can enforce DRM on GPL software.

I didn't say you can enforce DRM on GPL software by law. I just said
that you can put GPLed works on DRM-media with any restrictions as
long as you also offer the "source code" of this works without
restriction.

That's not as a way to DRM-control GPLed work. But as a additional way
to distribute GPLed work even over DRM-enabled channels - as long as
you distribute also an (legaly and technicaly) unrestricted work.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/