Re: free source code which requires non-free tools to build (dscaler modules for tvtime)

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:58:15PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:01:45PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > A split of the tvtime upstream distribution is necessary no matter what;
> > but as I understand it, the bit that would go into contrib could be
> > omitted entirely.  I presume the maintainer wants to go ahead and provide
> > the contrib components as a service to our users.
>
> The tvtime distribution either must be split upstream, or the Debian
> .orig.tar.gz must be distinct from the upstream distribution (the former is
> obviously preferable).

Yes, that's what I was trying to say.

> The modules which only build on Windows are apparently some of the more
> interesting ones, so yes, the author wants them to be provided as a service
> to the users.

Okay.  I was just belaboring the point that isn't not imperative upon
him to package the contrib stuff at all.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    As people do better, they start
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    voting like Republicans -- unless