Re: free source code which requires non-free tools to build (dscaler modules for tvtime)

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:01:45PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> A split of the tvtime upstream distribution is necessary no matter what;
> but as I understand it, the bit that would go into contrib could be
> omitted entirely.  I presume the maintainer wants to go ahead and provide
> the contrib components as a service to our users.

The tvtime distribution either must be split upstream, or the Debian
.orig.tar.gz must be distinct from the upstream distribution (the former is
obviously preferable).

The modules which only build on Windows are apparently some of the more
interesting ones, so yes, the author wants them to be provided as a service
to the users.

--
 - mdz