Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

Once again: I am subscribed to -legal. Please follow debian list
policy and refrain from Cc:'ing me.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> They are *grants of permission*, which is an existing
> well-established category.  The closest traditional analog in the old
> common law was permission to enter another's land.
>
> Another way to put it is that they are enforceable promises not to
> sue for copyright enfringement.

In all the instances where I'm aware of similar grants of permision
and verbal promises being tested, they have been tested as if they
were verbal contracts.

Don Armstrong

--
Tell me something interesting about yourself.
Lie if you have to.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu