Re: Should our documentation be free?

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:03:37 -0700, Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> said:

> First off, sorry for starting off an old discussion. I've been away
> for the past two weeks. [If any one cares, there are pictures
> available on my website.]

> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
>> So, if you find a definition which makes no difference between
>> software and documentation, please send it on this list.
>> There is a difference, even if someone doesn't want to see it.

> There clearly is a difference, otherwise we wouldn't need two words
> for the concept.

	Umm, the presence of synonyms is not necesarily proof of
 a difference.

	If you feel so strongly that software, data, and documentation
 are distinct, would you adress the two cases I have posted here?
 (http://www.stdc.com/QMS/documentation being one, where if the
 documentation can be separated from the code; the other is the case
 of hte xml file that serves, in turn as documentation, data, and

 wondering if his mail is making it out of his machine
Decaffeinated coffee?  Just Say No.