Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Op di 19-08-2003, om 19:09 schreef Branden Robinson:

> > > ...a reminder that it's impossible to do this.
> >
> > It most certainly isn't. Not in this case, anyway.
>
> This from the same person who said:
>
> [MJ Ray]:
> > > If we cannot rely on true meanings, then this is the thin end of the
> > > wedge.
>
> [Wouter]:
> > I don't think you ever can.

These two quotes don't necessarily contradict eachother.

Mark was referring to a general "true meaning" of a word, which would be
well-known. I don't think such a general meaning exists for every word;
and exactly *because* of that, I suggest to explain a single word that
is well-known to cause confusion with some.

Mark is saying that that is impossible.

> *plonk*

I can't tell you what to do, but if you plonkfile everyone who's opinion
differs from yours, hm. I guess your world will be a funny place. I
don't think I've been unreasonable.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a