Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:51:56PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Because this isn't the forum for discussing the removal of non-free? And
> because the discussion about removing non-free has to wait until the
> shelved[0] amendment about changing founding documents, which was/is
> waiting for the now-completed voting amendment?

Manoj's amendment wasn't just about "changing founding documents"; it
introduced the concept, which you won't find in the current version of
the Constitution (or any previous draft).

From a Constitutional perspective, the Social Contract and DFSG are no
different than any other nontechnical document the Project might issue
under 4.1.5 and in fact are specifically the things Ian Jackson had in
mind when he wrote that clause of the Constitution.

However, we're getting off-topic for -legal and more into -project
territory.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       kernel panic -- causal failure