Re: the FSF's definition of Free Software and its value for Debian

Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:50:06PM -0500, David Turner wrote:

> > Each time you distribute the Document (or any work based on the
> > Document), you grant to the recipient and all third parties that
> > receive copies indirectly through the recipient

> Oops, I confused myself.  This phrase "all third parties that receive
> copies indirectly through the recipient" is still there.

Could you state again what problem you have with that phrasing? It
seems to me that it includes everyone it needs to include.

Surely, if I encode the Document, and it turns up in my encoding at
your computer a year later, it must be either because I gave you a
copy (in which case you get the rights) or because you got your copy
indirectly through someone who I gave a copy (in which case you still
get the rights).

--
Henning Makholm                               "... popping pussies into pies
                                                      Wouldn't do in my shop