Re: The Helixcommunity RPSL is not DFSG-free

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:31, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Andrea Glorioso <andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it> writes:
> > I have  still some  doubts about the  case  where you  use a  modified
> > version of RPSL code  to distribute "content", in  which case it seems
> > to me that the RPSL obliges you to redistribute the modified source to
> > every  recipient of the content.  I   suppose it doesn't  buy much for
> > what Real is trying to achieve (from from I can  gather, but of course
> > Rob's words on this issue are helpful) and is going to be incompatible
> > with case (b).
>
> Yes, this also is a problem, but a separate one.

This is basically our attempt at closing the ASP loophole.[1]

Rob
[1] http://newsforge.com/newsforge/00/11/01/1636202.shtml?tid=19
--
Rob Lanphier, Helix Community Coordinator - RealNetworks
http://helixcommunity.org http://rtsp.org http://realnetworks.com