Re: The Helixcommunity RPSL is not DFSG-free

    tb> No, it wouldn't, because Chinese dissidents want to share the
    tb> software with each other.  That's distribution.  But they
    tb> don't want to have to advertise their activities to the
    tb> Chinese government.

a. iff you modify RPSL code AND you don't distribute it, you don't have
   to distribute your modification;

b. iff you modify RPSL code AND you distribute it to a set X of
   recipients, you have to distribute your modifications to the very
   same set X of recipients, and to no-one else;

That's what I meant (I admit I was completely unclear, sorry for
that).  That's more or less what the GPL says, AFAICT.

I have  still some  doubts about the  case  where you  use a  modified
version of RPSL code  to distribute "content", in  which case it seems
to me that the RPSL obliges you to redistribute the modified source to
every  recipient of the content.  I   suppose it doesn't  buy much for
what Real is trying to achieve (from from I can  gather, but of course
Rob's words on this issue are helpful) and is going to be incompatible
with case (b).

bye,

andrea
--