Re: PHPNuke license

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 11:58, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Let's see if we can build consensus around a few points.
>
> Does anyone here hold the position that requiring the copyright notice on
> the front page would not be DFSG-free, if that's a valid interpretation
> of the GPL?

Since I think something more narrowly tailored could effectively serve
the same interest, I hold that it's probably not DFSG-free.  But I would
change my mind if I can't find a way to rewrite (2)(c) to work
effectively without this (I think I can).

> Does anyone believe the GPL unambiguously *dis*allows that
> interpretation?

I don't think so.  But I do think it ambiguously diallows it -- that is,
I wouldn't want to be in court trying to enforce that interpretation.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson