Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell, BSG writes:
>  > Who cares what you say?
>
> On the face of it, you do.  You've expended a substantial amount of
> effort over the past couple of days to influence what I say.  I can
> only conclude that you care what I say.

You misunderstand my goals.  The purpose of debian-legal is to help
Debian developers.  I hope that my posts, those of Branden, and of
others, have aided other Debian developers who are listening in
understanding the issues concerned.  This list is not here for your
benefit (at all); it's for Debian's benefit, and my posts are designed
not to convince you (though that would be a welcome side-effect), but
to increase the understanding of Debian's positions among the
Debian developers at large.

Thomas