Re: Yet another bunch of licences

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:38:26PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     These are really important projects that claim to be free in the sense
>     of freedom.  But I'd like to know, what Free Software Foundation and
>     readers of debian-legal think about those licences. So, please, evaluate
>     those licences carefully

> The Creative Commons licenses are not supposed to be used for software.
> Doesn't the Creative Commons site say so?  It ought to.

The impression I got from reading the site was that they intended them
as general-purpose licenses for use by anyone who's turned off by
legal minutiae.  Perhaps it goes without saying that as a denizen of
debian-legal, I consider any such attempt to gloss over the details
somewhat ill-conceived. :-)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer