Re: Yet another bunch of licences

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:16:44PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The impression I got from reading the site was that they intended them
> as general-purpose licenses for use by anyone who's turned off by
> legal minutiae.  Perhaps it goes without saying that as a denizen of
> debian-legal, I consider any such attempt to gloss over the details
> somewhat ill-conceived. :-)

Indeed.  The fix for legal minutae is our recovery of the free speech
rights that have been taken from us by the copyright cartels and the
lawyers, legislators, and judges who have colluded with them.

Authors have two choices: read the fine print or storm the barricades.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Human beings rarely imagine a god
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that behaves any better than a