Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 12:09:03AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> So ... you agree that any interesting license discriminates.  You

Discrimination is inherent in most everything; as it is simply the act of
noting differences.  We can note differences between our opinions on
licensing, car style, keyboard style, etc.

Sure, every license discriminates.  It discriminates between people that
adhere to the license and those that do not.  But that is irrelevant.
The DFSG does not simply say "No discrimination"; it says "no discrimination
against persons or groups."  While you may enjoy your over-legalistic
interpretation, a reasonable person understands that this clause does not
mean to reject every possible license.

> should use that term of the DFSG in the manner it was intended, not in
> the manner you would like to twist it into.

Interesting that you make yourself an authority on the intent of the DFSG.
You come in here under the guise of trying to "work together", but instead
mean "ram OSD down Debian's throats" and "troll based on lies of omission."
I do not accept your claim as an authority on the intent of the DFSG.

> What you're doing is amending the DFSG without telling the rest of the

What I'm doing is futilely trying to explain why the RPSL is not in Debian
to somebody that has no interest in listening.  This author should probably
learn from failure and refrain from future comments on the topic to you :-)

I have proposed amendments before.  You would have known it if you had seen
it.

-- John