Re: Endorsements (was Re: GPL compatibility of DFCL)

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 05:51:23PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> Wouldn't the endorsements issue be best resolved by licensing the
> endorsements separately from the rest of the document?

Names are not subject to copyright protection, and not everyone has the
money or inclination to trademark his or her name.

I'm not crazy about drawing any more extra-copyright concepts into the
license than I have to.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |          Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |          mark with chalk,