Re: GPL compatibility of DFCL

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 13:20, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> It does seem to be in line with RMS's statement that for a program to be
> GPL-compatible, you need to be able to release a modified version of it
> under the GPL.  This wouldn't allow that.

I see no reason why that wouldn't be possible under the DFCL (as
expressed in Branden's previous discussions).  Do you?

> The idea that I might someday see code (or content) that is free, with
> portions that become unfree on their own, is strange, at least, so
> you'll have to excuse me if I have to wrestle with it for a while. :)

We're still not talking about anything being "unfree" in any sense.  If
the DFCL meets its goals, then it will be DFSG-compliant, either on its
own or in combination with a GPLed program.