Re: Endorsements

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:41:02PM -0700, Walter Landry wrote:
> Calling this a part of the copyright notice doesn't make it so.  That
> makes it GPL incompatible, because you have to preserve more than what
> the GPL requires.

You're forgetting that the endorsement notice would become optional if
the DFCLed work were being distributed as part of a GPLed work.

It has to, otherwise we're GPL incompatible, and most of the people on
this list want a GPL-compatible content license.  (I want one too, for
that matter.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only