Re: Endorsements

Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:41, Walter Landry wrote:
> > Calling this a part of the copyright notice doesn't make it so.
>
> Why not?  It's certainly relevant to the copyright to note the existence
> of endorsements, especially if the copyright license mentions them.  I
> can understand you not liking the particular wording I chose, but making
> a statement about endorsements in a copyright notice does not seem
> inappropriate.

I guess I am just concerned that we not shoehorn too much into the
copyright and non-warranty statement.  I am only vaguely uncomfortable
with my proposal, while your proposal make me a bit more
uncomfortable.

However, I like the idea of putting the actual endorsement into the
copyright and non-warranty notice itself, though, as opposed to just
referring to it.  It makes the actual endorsement more visible, while
limiting it's legal consequences.  That should make the people who
want this sort of thing happier.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu