Re: GNU FDL 1.2 draft comment summary posted, and RFD

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:02:57AM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> Yes... so if you've printed/released version 2.7183 of a document (of which
> I released version 1 under this new license), and version 2.7183 is a
> book, you can not then rev rapidly to version 3.1416, by which point you
> have progressively removed content to the point where only a reference card
> remains, leaving only the sources for the latest version available.
>
> I should rewrite that sentence, but I won't.

Yes, you should have.

However, no one is required to archive old versions of software as long
as they contemporaenously distribute binaries with corresponding source.

I.e., the scenario you describe can happen even with the GNU GPL.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He