Re: Encoding the name in the file contents (was Re: Towards a new LPPL draft)

> From: tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)
> Date: 27 Jul 2002 10:00:12 -0700

> However, more to the point, free software is about particular
> freedoms.  In the instant case, the freedom I'm asking about is a
> freedom to modify and distribute the program, something that both the
> DFSG and the GPL highlight as a crucial freedom.

I am afraid you want a little bit different freedom: the freedom to
call you modified distribution LaTeX. DFSG specifically says that this
freedom, while important, is not as essential as other freedoms, and
its absence is NOT a showstopper.

Good luck

The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest.