Re: Financial Restrictions (Was Re: teTeX Documentation Licenses (A), (D) & (H))

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:55:06PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> which sounds like the Artistic license's
>
>  "Reasonable copying fee" is whatever you can justify on the basis of
>   media cost, duplication charges, time of people involved, and so on"

The parenthetical comment that follows it is, I think critical here:

  (You will not be required to justify it to the
   Copyright Holder, but only to the computing community at large
   as a market that must bear the fee.)

In other words (following capitalist logic): if people pay the fee,
then it's reasonable.  I think this is different in princible from
a license where "reasonable" is determined by the copyright holder,
or the courts.

Richard Braakman