[giuliomazzolini@tiscalinet.it: Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG]

--- Begin Message ---
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 12:05:44AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > It does not say only "any use ..is the sole responsability.."
> > (disclaimer) it adds  " is forbidden..".
> >
> > Any body who has been in far and strange countries knows how "local
> > law" could be stupid, oppressive and casual, so since 'it is
> > forbidden' it prevent the use in such countries where it could be
> > forbidden by some local law, even if the law in question shall be
> > considered 'illiberal' and 'oppressive' in other countries.
>
>  But this is a legal document, any importance of such a document is given by
> the local laws (including intl conventions like the Berne one). "Any body"
> who wants/needs to break the law won't be stopped by a license. I mean, it's
> too a "noop" thing, can you see it?

A afghani woman that use the program to work brakes the local lows, since talebanis forbid women to work.

So the licence is discriminating afghan women.

It should be different if it would be a disclaimer: the afghan woman
will be allowed (by the licence terms) to use the program and after it
will be her problem with talebani...

It is like to sell a car with a contract that state that you are
not allowed, signing that contract, to use the car to rob a bank. So if
you rob a bank, not only you will persecuted by the local police, but
you will also brake your contract with the car dealer who could claim
the car back.

--- End Message ---