Uploading SSL-linked programs from US?

What is the current status of the legality of a US citizen maintaning
a package that belongs in non-US due to it linking to libssl?  LICQ
currently has the option of being linked with libssl, but can be
compiled without.  If this is something that isn't likely to get me or
the project into trouble, I don't mind continuing to maintain it, but
otherwise, I probably need to find someone in the free world who can
take over from me.

Also, assuming that it's not a big deal whether or not I build it with
--disable-openssl or not, to which queue would I send it?  Can
ftp-master deal with packages intended for non-us, or do I need to
send it somewhere else directly?

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.