Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 04:28:57PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:

> He's correct, the current part of the license in question is:
>
> 1) Any use of analog which is illegal under international or local law
>    is forbidden by this licence. Any such action is the sole
>    responsibility of the person committing the action.

less stupid wording, but still, in my opinion, not free.

It does not say only "any use ..is the sole responsability.."
(disclaimer) it adds  " is forbidden..".

Any body who has been in far and strange countries knows how "local
law" could be stupid, oppressive and casual, so since 'it is
forbidden' it prevent the use in such countries where it could be
forbidden by some local law, even if the law in question shall be
considered 'illiberal' and 'oppressive' in other countries.

Should be the phrase only a disclaimer, it will be free.

--
Dott.Ing. Giulio Mazzolini

Nevsky Prospect, 13/13 St. Petersburg Russia
tel + fax: +7 812 311 41 75
mob: +7 812 935 00 38

Piazza Irnerio, 2- Milano Italia
tel + fax: +39 02 49 89 202