IMAPD license problem?

Hi,

I've been told that you, or someone working with you, has threatened to
sue the FSF (Free Software Foundation) for distributing modified copies
of IMAPD.  I believe the IMAPD copyright contains the following text:

# Date:         7 December 1989
# Last Edited:  9 January 1998
#
# Copyright 1998 by the University of Washington
#
#  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
# documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
# that the above copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the
# above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
# documentation, and that the name of the University of Washington not be
# used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
# without specific, written prior permission.  ...

I have several questions about this:

[1] Is this true?  (the threatened legal action)
[1a] If the legal threats did not occur, could you set me straight on
     what you know about whatever happened or didn't happen?

[2] If the legal threats occurred, was the FSF distributing the IMAPD
    software covered by by this 1998 copyright license?

[3] If this 1998 IMAPD is what the FSF was distributing, what clause
     of this copyright license is being violated?
[3a] If this 1998 IMAPD is not what the FSF was distributing, what
     were they distributing?

[I'm writing on behalf of Debian, and we're trying to decide if we should
pull Mark Crispin's IMAPD out of our distribution.]

Thanks,

--
Raul