Re: IMAPD license problem?

Raul,

I'm afraid your source is incorrect, we have not threatened to sue the FSF
for distributing modified copies of IMAPD. Now, let's move on to a more
productive topic regarding the Debian distribution of UW's IMAPD.

UW's intent has always been to allow others to modify the UW IMAPD for
their own needs, or to redistribute the original version, without having
to ask for permission.  We do expect and appreciate folks to ask before
re-distributing derivative works, but obtaining permission is not
onerous. Many have asked and they've all received permission. We are
happy and willing to work with Debian so that Debian may continue to
distribute UW's IMAPD.

First of all, by this message you have our permission to distribute a
modified version of IMAPD.

We confirm that we have given you permission to distribute a modified
version of IMAPD on the condition that you assume all risks when you do
so and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the University of
Washington from any and all claims or damages that might arise through
your activity related to a modified IMAPD.

In order to reduce confusion and facilitate debugging, we request that
locally modified versions, including those which are distributed, either
be denoted by appending a letter to the current version number or that you
in some way show that it is a derivative work in the version number.

Thanks for your interest in continuing to distribute UW's IMAPD in the
Debian distribution.

regards,
Lori Stevens