Re: Copyright lawyers analysis of Andreas Pour's Interpretation

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>

> "The complete source code for a program which, when running normally,
> consistently includes both QPL and GPL licensed machine code must include
> both QPL licensed source code and GPL licensed source code."

> That concept is central to my argument.

Excellent. Then at least we know where we disagree.

Other people, including me, use another definition:

   "The complete source code for a binary consists of whatever
   is necessary for the recipient to recreate the binary with
   modifications of his own."

where "binary" means the "object code or executable form" that
GPL.3 allows me to copy and distribute under certain terms.

With such differing definitions, it is no wonder that we reach
different conclusions.

--
Henning Makholm        "Det må være spændende at bo på en kugle. Har I nogen
                side besøgt de egne, hvor folk går rundt med hovedet nedad?"