Re: New OPL Draft

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 01:33:46AM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> They are *always* :
> - translated by person who know very little about language he translates to
>   ( translator have to know language he translate from only, this can be easily
>   fixed by allowing everyone to change a book )

Wrong.  Most translators translate to their native language.

> - paid by page (both author and translator, remember paid by line of code
>   programers ?)

Not necessarily.  I know (and have been involved in) projects where the
pay was a fixed sum regardless of how long the project took or how many
pages the result took.  (Well, the projects I have been involved in were
nonfiction but nevertheless...)

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)