Re: New OPL Draft

    As I understand your proposed license, it has no problems falling within
    the existing DFSG.  This is not true for some of the others; whether Debian
    wants to extend its penumbra in the manner I described is something that
    will have to be extensively discussed.  I'd certainly like your input on
    this issue;

I would be happy to give my opinion, once I see the specific issue.

    Keith Packard of XFree86, for instance, thinks that we'll never see much
    in the way of high-quality fonts that are free software, because the
    problems are just too hard.

We already have some, released by a font company under the GPL.

Which shows why all such arguments are foolish.  It is a mistake to
speculate that failure is inevitable; it is much better to try than to
give up in advance.