Re: New OPL Draft

    Do you believe it is inconsistent with the philosophy of the Free Software
    movement to accept any more restrictions on classes of computer-handled data
    that are not executable code than we do on executable code?

I think the moral requirements for freedom depend on the kind of data
or work, and how it is used.

For example, where it concerns documentation, and more generally for
textbooks, I would insist on the same criteria of freedom that I would
apply for software.  Likewise for dictionaries.

For scientific papers, I think it is reasonable to say that everyone
can redistribute them but nobody can modify them.

For novels, I would be willing to accept a more restrictive license.
The minimum freedom, which should always apply to anything published,
is the freedom occasionally to make a copy for an acquaintance.