Re: x3270 licenses

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 12:55:53PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > Nope, this is fine.  Use is covered by the Fair Use provision of Copyright
> > law.  The fonts are free.
>
> Is this the n+1th abuse of Fair Use, or do you actually have some
> arguments supporting that claim?

You have a copy of the program.
You want to tell me you now need special permission to run it?

Analogy:
You have a book and before you may read it you must get permission.

Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty sure running the program is fair use.  If it
weren't, you would not be allowed to run GPL'd software since you are not
given permission to do so.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<netgod> Feanor: u have no idea of the depth of the stupidty of american law